Board of Education
Office & Program Locations
Clinton County Community Profile
- Clinton County has safe communities, great schools and caring people!
- Clinton County is located in the south-central part of the Lower Peninsula. The county contains 573 square miles and is the 42nd largest in the state.
- The county seat is located in St. Johns. Clinton County is largely agricultural with 70% of the land in farms. St. Johns is the Mint Capital of the World. In addition to agriculture, the economy relies upon wholesale and retail trade, manufacturing, and some wood processing.
- Recreation activities include fishing, boating, hunting, and many others.
- The population is approximately 75,372.
- Community Highlights include: Sleepy Hollow State Park, Motz Park, the Elsie Dairy Festival, the St. John’s Mint Festival, Bath Community Days, DeWitt Ox Roast, Annual Community Picnics in Fowler, Pewamo, and Westphalia, the Maple River Wetland Restoration Area, and the Muskrat Lake State Game Area.