Board of Education
Office & Program Locations
Clinton County Community Profile
- Clinton County has safe communities, great schools and caring people!
- Clinton County is located in the south-central part of the Lower Peninsula. The county contains 574 square miles/367,360 acres and is the 25th largest in the state.
- The county seat is located in St. Johns. The top three economic sectors are educational services, health care and social assistance at 25.3%, manufacturing 15%, and retail 13.2%. Clinton County land use is largely agricultural with 271,558 acres of the land in farms. Land in farm use includes 84.4% in croplands, 8.9% woodlands, and 7.2% in other.
- Recreation activities include fishing, boating, hunting, and many others.
- The population is approximately 76,739.
- Community Highlights include: Sleepy Hollow State Park, Motz Park, the Elsie Dairy Festival, the St. John’s Mint Festival, Bath Community Days, DeWitt Ox Roast, Annual Community Picnics in Fowler, Pewamo, and Westphalia, the Maple River Wetland Restoration Area, and the Muskrat Lake State Game Area.